Growth of St Helier 1737-1834

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search

These four maps show very clearly the development of the town of St Helier from the middle of the 18th century to 100 years later. The maps, from top to bottom, are sections of those produced by Peter Meade on behalf of the Board of Ordnance in 1737, that drawn by M Momonier in 1787 and published in 1809 in J Steads A Picture of Jersey; or Stranger's Companion through that Island, an 1810 map from an unknown source, and that drawn by Elias Le Gros in 1834.

Peter Meade map 1737
Stead guide map 1787
1810 by unknown publisher
Elias Le Gros map 1834
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs