No 78 King Street

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


78 King Street


Rutland House when it was a cycle shop

No 78 King Street has been listed as occupied by Mothercare since 2000, but the building, known as Rutland House, has previously been shown under Charing Cross or Pitt Street.

In 1871 it was occupied by the new business Noel and Porter, which would acquire premises at the other end of the street, progressively enlarging the new store until it was decided to leave Rutland House in 1899.

The building was then taken over by A Quenouillere's Cycle Works, which moved across the road from smaller premises.

In the second half of the 20th century Rutland House was home to Senett and Spears' perfumery and photography businesses.

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs